Thursday, December 15, 2005

"You leaving?"

"Yeah"

"You're no fun anymore." She pouted as she took my twenty to the cash register. I wanted to ask when was I ever fun but I just sat quiet.

"I won't be working Saturday so you don't have to come in" she said as she returned with my fourteen dollars worth of change. She has tickets to Saturday's football game so she switched her around her schedule.

"Maybe I'll come by and keep Danielle company" I said with a smile.

She slammed the cash down as hard as one can slam paper money "You're not to keep anyone company! …Anyone but me, that is." I was watching her very serious expression. She had been looking down watching while she was forcing the money down because she had to navigate around my soda, the napkin holder and the covered tray of drink condiments. When she looked up, I just laughed. And then she laughed as she broke character. I imagine that she uses her acting skill all the time against her boyfriend.

She then went back to being serious and said that if I came in on Monday, I would be the first to find out what happened at their Christmas party. I've heard some stories of whipped cream and nudity in the past.

I fanned out the two fives and four ones and left half for her.

I just hope she'll be able to remember the party. She likes to drink straight Vodka martinis.

No comments: