Tuesday, December 27, 2005

so, the oven has to go, the old oven that is, I still need an oven, I need a new one. The old oven still works, it still keeps it temperature pretty good but the dials have lost some of their numbers and…

I went to an appliance store because I didn't like anything at Home Depot or Lowes, when I walked in the receptionist asked if I need a salesperson or if I was just going to look around. I told her that I would just be looking but I would get back to her if I needed a salesperson.

After looking at several makes and models I decided on a thirty inch Kitchen Aide, stainless steel. I went back to the receptionist and told her that I would need a salesperson. She handed me a pager/coaster thing like you get when your waiting for a seat at a restaurant and said "When this goes off come back here." So, I did, after waiting for the thing to go off for thirty minutes or so.

I told the guy what I wanted. We walked over to it and he asked if I had any questions.

"No"

"No questions?"

"Nope"

"It's has convection, the controls are in the front so there is no reaching over the cooktop…"

He mentioned a couple other thing to which I just nodded because I had already spent forty minutes looking at ovens just that day and probably hours in the days prior.

"No questions, huh?"

"Nope"

So we walked over to his desk and he started the paper work. The total came to $2005.40.

"Can I pay cash?" I asked.

"Well, yeah. I suppose you can.…You carry that much cash with you?"

"I do today"

When I know what I want I don't screw about.

No comments: