Tuesday, December 13, 2005

"What did you do this weekend?"

I smiled and said "I can't remember" after a few moments of trying to remember.

"That's not good" my friend said as he and the bartender both laughed.

"I wasn't drinking. I just don't remember."

"Setting up her tree?" she asked.

"No, that's already up."

"Are you banging her?"

"Not yet"

"Is married?"

"Not anymore"

"How old is she?"

"She's twelve years older than me. Whatever that math is."

"That's old.…So, she just treats you like a husband?"

"Yeah, but just the nagging and the chores part Oh, I remember but they were secret things."

"Things like what?"

"There are things I'm not at liberty to discuss."

I actually could have told them if we were alone, I can trust the both of them to be discreet but there were others about. I worry about others.

No comments: