Friday, December 16, 2005

Melissa had questions

origin of the name green catfish?

Once I decided to start blogging, I figured I would eventually have it hosted under a unique domain name. I didn't want to buy a bunch of domain names so I was going to just buy one for other things I wanted to do and then toss the blog onto it. One of the other endeavors was to make a way for some of the things that get produced from my hobbies to be available for sale on the internet. I was looking around for a domain I could get, that would be easy to remember and that would have a logo that would be easy to produce. I came up with green catfish.

what got you blogging?

I found out about blogs while I was being a smartass and needed the rules of a Yankee Swap and found this guy that had posted the rules on his blog. I followed his links to further links and came across thedetox.com. Angelina got me hooked on reading her blog and then one day she posted something that I wanted to reply to, I sent her an email to which she graciously replied. Then I thought it was unfair of me to be reading her blog and forming opinions when she had no means of finding out about me, so I started blogging. When I started I had no links to anywhere and tried my best to be invisible but someone found my blog and then they sent me an email. My reaction was "holy shit! someone's reading this crap"

favorite kind of music?

I probably have mostly country CD's. I like a lot of stuff. I'm not a big hip/hop or rap fan.

On my iTunes at the day job presently: 3 Doors Down, 4 Non Blondes, Black Eyed Peas, Bruce Robinson, Bruce Springsteen, Chris Knight, Coldplay, Elvis Costello, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Dave Carter with Tracy Grammer, Dire Straits, Emiliana Torrini, Foo Fighters, Fred Eaglesmith, Hoobastank, Hot Apple Pie, James Taylor, John Mellencamp, John Prine, Johnny Cash, Kasey Chambers, Kathleen Edwards, Kevin Welch, Kieran Kane, Kim Richey, Lisa Loeb, Lori McKenna, Los Lobos, Los Lonely Boys, Lyle Lovett, Madeleine Peyroux, Mary Gauthier, Mindy Smith, Montgomery Gentry, Pat Benatar, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Rodney Crowell, Semisonic, Shelby Lynne, Sheryl Crow, Slaid Cleaves, Soundgarden, Steve Earle, Susan Werner, Tood Snider, Van Morrison, Warren Zevon, The White Stripes.

No comments: