Monday, March 03, 2008

Stubborn and arrogant is a foolish man's invincible

My body always has a hard time keeping up with my mind.

My body pretends it can hang like my mind.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak but the flesh is also stubborn and arrogant so it doesn't quit when it should.

I never used to get colds like this, maybe something for a two or three day period, once every third year. This is the second in twenty five days, the first lasting two weeks.

I must be getting old. I think it's a lack of quality sleep.

...

I got in Tuesday night and Wednesday evening I was printing four hundred and fifty custom invites with reply cards and I only had store bought stock for three hundred and fifty sets, so that left a hundred to do from scratch. The owner was talking to me on the phone, asking when I thought I would be done. I knew she needed them by the next day. I told her I didn't know and couldn't guess because sometimes the printers don't like just any odd paper size traveling through it's guts. She then mentioned that it was getting late and that I should not stay too long, that I could stop and finish tomorrow, but I wanted to be done with it and tomorrow was too late.

"It's just that stopping has never been an option in the past," I said.

"Well maybe I know a little more of what's involved. I'm sorry I never gave you that option."

(We've been doing these types of things for over twenty years.)


I'm still owed a boat load of money but she did give me a fifteen hundred dollar bonus before I left for Iceland.

No comments: