Saturday, March 15, 2008

untitled

I was lying on my bed waiting for six o'clock to roll on by so I could leave my house to complete some deed I promised to do two days before when the phone rang. It was Annette; I guessed that she was checking my status. I guessed right but she also had another request: to move her daughter's stuff out of the apartment she had just moved into three weeks prior.

Her daughter and her son thought it was be a grand idea to move out of their mother's house and shack up with her boyfriend and his girlfriend. Their mother said that it was a mistake but they are both chronologically adults and are legally allowed to make questionable decisions.

I didn't ask any questions as I walked group after group of white trash bags down four flights of stairs to my truck. The bags would be driven across town and carried back up three flights of stairs.

I wanted to complain about all the stairs but I couldn't find a pair of ears that didn't have greater troubles than mine own so I just kept quiet.

I didn't ask any questions, she seemed physically and mentally okay and I knew her mother would have all sorts of things to ask and say. She spent the quiet time of the drive texting.

Once everything was upstairs, Annette asked if I was going to reschedule the installation of the wallpaper border. I told her "Yeah, I think so."

No comments: