Friday, September 02, 2005

i'm like a gateway drug, sometimes

I have vast and various skills and I say that not to brag because most of my abilities are mediocre at best but something I like about my 'talents' is that sometimes folks ask me things, sometimes ask me to do a thing, sometimes just ask me for info.

I do a lot of desktop publishing stuff. I've done invites, magnets, brochures, save the date cards, water bottle designs, huge multimillion dollar presentations, seating plans, Christmas cards, posters, and some other things I forget. Sometimes, I'll show people what I did or how I do a thing to demonstrate that anybody can do it. Sometimes, folks will use that new found knowledge and show me something that they did and that I really don't like but who am I to judge. But other times, and more often than not, people will show me things better than anything I had ever done.

I showed my sister something and she started doing it and now her designs kick my designs' ass but don't tell her I said that and another lady started up a part-time home business.

And that's pretty damn cool, if you ask me.

Oh yeah, and then I steal their designs.

No comments: