Thursday, September 29, 2005

So, I dropped by with a small box of pastry, napoleons to be exact, early in the month we had a discussion about whether they were called napoleons or neapolitans. I really didn't know so I looked it up on the internet when I got back to work. I am a little bit obsessive compulsive. I found out they were called napoleons.

She's been telling everyone that tomorrow is her birthday but she's not going to be working tomorrow because she has a wedding to go to.

I figured what's the point in telling everyone that it's your birthday if nobody gets you anything.

She gave me a hug.


...

I frequently tell her that her best friend who is also a bartender is my favorite so sometimes she likes to give me grief.

I was enjoying a pint when she leaned across the bar and said "HA! This is how important you are, she just asked me if Timmy came in today. She didn't even see you sitting there"

The one that asked about me came over and told me she was sorry she didn't see me. I told her "thanks for asking though"

I was sitting with a friend from work we work slightly different shifts so we're rarely at the bar together. I was drinking beer but he asked what other types of drinks did I enjoy. I just laughed and called over to Jen.

"Jerry wants to know what I like after I stop drinking beer"

"Timmy likes it everything" she said with a laugh as she started to name several types of hard liquor.

Sometimes, it's nice to be know but sometimes it's better to be know for something nice.

No comments: