Sunday, September 25, 2005

She was at the party I hadn't seen her for awhile, we were talking by ourselves.

Sometimes, I'll just let a conversation die. Sometimes, I have no choice, I just run out of things to say but others times it's deliberate. I do it just to see what happens.

The topic of discussion was running its course, things were slowing down, on the last thing she said I just nodded when I could have said something. She picked up the conversation again and she ended up getting me a bowl of clam chowder.

She's a beautiful woman, smart and funny. I'm careful not to wink at her because I think that is all it would take to change our casual relationship. Her attention flatters me. She has only had me in small doses. I'm best in small doses.

I try to keep my charm under control but my humor runs rampant. I'm careful not to look her in the eye for too long. I'm careful because there are times I want to wink.

I'm best in small doses.

No comments: