Thursday, June 14, 2007

It opened under new management back in February and somewhat surprisingly one of the day mangers was still there and I told him more than once that I would be by. Today I dropped by, the manager wasn't there but I was surprised to see Lisa as the bartender. Lisa worked for the old management when they first opened and left a couple years after, about four years after that, the bar closed.

I wasn't certain it was her at first, she seemed taller and bigger in size. I was going to hang out a bit and ask if her name was Lisa and ask her if any of her old regulars had come by the new place but before I could she made a phone call and said "Hi, it's Lisa...."

So, I couldn't surprise her by remembering her name so I was going to mention that she hadn't been behind this particular bar in years but before I could do that she started talking to the guy next to me and she brought up that she used to work for the previous owner.

So, I just sat quietly and watched a replay of the previous night's baseball game.

No comments: