Sunday, June 24, 2007

my former self



Back in the olden days I used to cut grass for money; mostly for little old ladies whose husbands had died. I never made much because I never charged much; I knew money was tight for folks on fixed incomes.

Sometimes, I would just cut it for free.



Money's tight and her mower is broken and her lawn was getting out of hand. The grass was getting taller than the overgrown hedges.

The old me wouldn't have let her front lawn get that bad but the new me was making a point but the point was I making didn't make the grass any lower.



I had trouble locating my gas powered hedge trimmer and it took me a moment to remember where I left my gas powered blower. I don't think I had used either of them in over three years and it was probably twice that long ago that I used the grass trimmer, to my surprise they all started up with very little trouble.

The grass was really two tall for the mower but that didn't stop me from using it. I stalled it out a few times, choking it on too much grass and stopped it cold once by hitting a rock, at least you can see the rock now.

I used to play the magic elf more often until I started to get in the way.

No comments: