Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I made her smile by ordering the iced green tea, so I asked her out on a date.

That's not true but she did smile.

I think I found another place to put on the lunch list and it has free wifi.




Is forty five minutes too early to sneak out of work?


I have to go to the second job.


Is thirty eight minutes too early to sneak out of work?


...

She came up to my office and asked if I was staying long. I said that I wasn't. She told me her problem: there was a dead bird in a unit we sold that was going to be home inspected in an hour.

She drove me to the unit so I wouldn't lose my prime parking spot. I bagged the bird and left with her. On the way back, she brought up the multi-million dollar deal. She wanted to know why I wasn't excited, so I told her.

"Well, we won't see any of that money until two years out and even when we do see it, I'm not going to be getting any large bonuses. The best that will happen is that I might start getting compensated close to what I'm worth--"

"So you'll break even."

"Exactly, so in two years after a lot of hard work, I might start to break even, and it's hard for me to get excited about breaking even. I should be doing that now. Don't get me wrong, breaking even is better than the hole I'm digging now but still..."

"Yeah, I know."


I was trying for the shadow

No comments: