Tuesday, August 14, 2007

So, I have a problem.

I have a need to buy things; things I don't really need. Sure I'll justify the purchase and tell myself of all the grand and wonderful things that the new purchase will afford me but the truth is: I over buy. I could make do with less. I could make do without.

But anyway, I have a new laptop (which I think they call notebooks now - I didn't get the memo on that one) and a new Weber grill.

It was a tax-free weekend in my state. Sales tax is only five percent and a sale that offers five percent off is really just a waste of advertising but I bought into it anyway to the tune of $2100. So, I saved over a hundred bucks for the event and I also save ten percent off the computer because I charged it on a brand new Best Buy credit card.

I wasn't going to get the three year accidental coverage on the laptop because it would cost about a third as much as the machine, and the machine was depreciating even as I was thinking about it. But, a fine amount of new credit makes me crazy. I figure in thirty five months, I'll just drop the thing from the rooftop.

"Yeah, it was the oddest thing. I was up on the roof, trying to locate star systems from Starfinder.com and this owl spooked me and down it went. It was a total accident. It's a good thing that I had just backed-up my documents and that it happened while the machine was still covered. I'm lucky like that."

I'll have to check the agreement.

...

I had the grill showing a temp of 700 degrees. I'm pretty certain I can get a pizza stone to fit in it. A pizza cook-out would be fantastic.

I'll let you know when.

No comments: