Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Women lie to me all the time


The waitress asked if my friend and I wanted any onion rings as she popped open a take-out tray and pushed it towards us. They will often share their orders with us because the portions are too large for women worried about keeping skinny.

"Sure, I would love some onion rings. You don't want them anymore?"

"Some guy ordered them but they didn't come up quick enough for him."

"What?" my friend asked.

"Some asshole stuck her with them." I said to him and then asked her if she had to pay for them because the house allows little room for mistakes.

I was looking her in her blue eyes as she said "No."

I smiled a little and then quietly said that I didn't believe her. My plan had been to later leave her money for the rings but by later I was a little too drunk and she was a little too quick. I saw her on the following Sunday and left her a tiny origami shirt and a tiny origami pair of pants made out of two five dollar bills and told her why.

I don't mind taking the extra portion of something that she orders on purpose but I would rather she not get stuck with an order she had no plans of getting.

No comments: