Tuesday, November 09, 2010

I wrote this on November 9th and did publish it, although I don't know why

It’s like dealing with the mentally ill.

Probably because the guy genuinely has a mental illness, even if he never seriously admits it.

He got upset during the card game when it was his deal. He was slightly confused at how we were betting so the total bet would be three one dollar bets for a total of three dollars. He thought that it was only going to be two dollars total.

We bet the say way all the time and we have been doing so for the last seven years.

He threw his cards onto the table and said, “That’s it! I’m through! I shouldn’t even be playing. My mind is not in it.”

His cards landed face down, so we had him pick them up again and we finished the hand.

He was sitting next to me and leaned over and asked what the problem was.

“The problem is that none of us know why you are all upset about it.”

“It’s a friendly card game. Relax,” someone across the table added.

There was another hand where a straight was the highest hand called using a called wild card and the dude is still trying to decipher what’s in his hand. We play “cards talk,” which means that if you show your cards and your hand is the winning hand, whether you know it or not, you win, and we always tell him to just show his cards and he continues to not show his cards.

So, the guy with the winning hand starts to take his chips, so the dude tosses his cards onto the table, most hit face down but I get a glimpse at all of them and he had a full house.

I should have told him he lost because he refused to show his cards in time but we let him win anyway.

I need to me meaner. I need to go more with that first instinct to be mean.

So, I answered the common phone line in work and it’s for the crazy guy

No comments: