Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nov 10

I don’t know if I’m going to make it. I’m letting the things that he does drive me crazy.

For sixty two years old, he’s rather immature.

So, I just confirmed that I didn’t finish the crazy guy phone call story.

There a phone line that rings on everyone’s desk in the division. We usually give this number out because that’s the best change to get to leave a message because the chances are greater that someone will be at their desk, then the receptionist picking up the phone.

I pick up the ringing line and the person asks for the crazy guy by name. I can’t hear the crazy guy at his desk at that moment but I think that he is still around so I ask, “Who’s calling.” The guy on the phone answers, “Virgil.”

I know Virgil. I’ve dealt with him in the past. Virgil is a little bit of a cook and a whole lot of a pain in the ass. I certainly don’t want to deal with him so I get up from my chair to go find the crazy guy.

I don’t even leave my cube when I see the crazy guy sitting in someone else’s cube trying to figure out his cell phone; the same cell phone that he has had for at least two years.

I tell him who is on the phone. “I’m not talking to him,” he said, which was fine by me. I was just going to take a message but then he continued.

“He’s looking to get some signs replaced that were damaged in the fire so he needs to talk to someone else. So, I’m not going to talk to him.”

“Fine, but does he know that?”

“He sent me an email the other day. I’m not talking to him.”

“Yeah, but my question is: Does he know that? Does he know that he needs to talk to someone else? Did you actually tell him that?”

I want to know what was said to Virgil so that I can handle it appropriately. He’ll get more patience from me if I know he hasn’t talked to anyone before but if he’s just trying to get around the system then he will get less patience.

The crazy guy then gets out of his chair and talks to Virgil on the phone, which is what he should have done in the first place. From the conversation that I hear, he never told the guy what he needed to do.

Sidenote: The crazy guy also thinks that if he doesn’t actually open an email then he doesn’t have to respond to it. “Yeah, I saw your email but I was working on other things so I didn’t read it.”

“Yeah, electric company, I saw your bill but I was using my money to buy Keno tickets so I didn’t open it.”

“So you received our bill but didn’t pay it?”

“Yeah, I received it, but I didn’t open it. Aren’t you listening?”

No comments: