Tuesday, November 02, 2010

I'll get to it when I get to it

I walked through the door and the second greeting from the five folks in the room was: "How's your backup?"

There are two guests in the room so I have to be civil so I merely ask: "Why?"

I was then told that the owner deleted some stuff from the front desk computer and one thing that went was a program that was needed.

"I don't backup program files; I save the install disks."

"So, we will have to start from scratch and reset everything up?" someone else asked.

"It depends on where you were saving the files. Just because you delete the program files doesn't mean that you delete the data files."

They rarely do what I ask them to do so when I shit hits the fan, I don't sweat their inconvenience too much and the lady that dropped the backup question on me is the worst at doing what I say, mostly because she thinks she knows better. She mostly just knows what people tell her, all her knowledge is second hand and when I challenge her on things her defense is always that she was told that by someone.

I'll get to it when I get to it.

No comments: