Tuesday, July 27, 2004

At the bar, which was overstaffed due to the expectation that the Dee eN Cee would bring an influx of new patrons, the barkeeps were talking about plastic surgery. Boobs jobs is the phase that caught my attention. One of the keeps that has had the procedure was talking to the another keep that wants to get the procedure. Somehow, me and my buddy got involved in one side of the conversation. My buddy was a bit ahead of me in the blood to alcohol ratio, so he's having just a little bit of a problem following the conversation. When my buddy does find out what's going on he says, rather loudly, right in my face,

"What?! Who?! She has very nice breasts and should change a thing!"

"I agree" I agreed. It's not at my suggestion that she's getting this done.

"She shouldn't have it done! You should tell her." again right in my face.

"I know, she shouldn’t have them done but I don’t think it’s my place to say anything."

The one that wants them done hasn’t actually addressed either me or my buddy so I am not certain she wants the whole bar in the conversation or not and I don’t really know her like I know the others, so I hold my tongue.

How do you politely say "Nice breasts" without looking like a dog? or am I being over sensitive?

No comments: