Saturday, July 03, 2004

It was sparse at the bar...


It was sparse, when I got there, so I'm just chatting with one of the regular barkeeps, our favorite. She has to make some drinks but I'm right where she makes them so I continue the conversation. She's making some frozen drink that looks like a pina colada but its in a 16oz tumbler so I don't know what it is and I don't bother to ask but it gets topped off with whipped cream.

The whipped cream shots off to the side a bit and I said "I thought you would be better with the whipped cream" she tries to demonstrate that it was the dispenser's fault for the mishap but all she gets is a smooth stream of cream, then her eyes get wide because she got the innuendo. She asked "Well, do you have any suggestions on a better way to use the whipped cream?" I told her I did but I would have to show her because it is hard to verbalize.

My buddy just shook his head because he couldn't believe I said something like that to our favorite barkeep.

No comments: