Sunday, July 25, 2004

I got that funny feeling in my pants.

The feeling was my cell phone vibrating. It's vibrates then it rings. I was mowing the lawn. I was just about finished. It was the owner, she has been having TV trouble, trouble she tried to have me address but the trouble was beyond my scope. Her mission today - get a new TV. She drives a Mercedes, the e series, big for a Mercedes but not big enough for a large TV. I drive a truck, a Dodge Dakota, small for a truck but big enough for a TV. I tell he to call me once she finds one.

I got the second call will I was under the hedges. I was trying to make the left side ones match the right side ones. I cut the right side ones two weeks ago. The call said she found one at COSTCO's, I said I would head out right away. I met her at the warehouse-type store and we walk over to the TV's, she has narrowed down the choice to two, a 25in and a 27in both have a built-in VCR and DVD (which I hate but that's a different post). The TV is for her bedroom, her bedroom is huge even with a king size bed in it. I say get the 27in and she does, well she agrees to buy it. After she decided, she continued shopping. I went to get a flat bed cart to haul the thing away. The box clearly states that two people should lift the box but there is just me. I make do. I get the TV to her house, cut it out of the box and bring it to her second story bedroom and bring the defective 25in set to the vestibule and leave it for trash day.

There was this cartoon series with Hercules as the main character and the theme song said he had the strength of ten ordinary men. All I want is to be acknowledged as having the strength of two ordinary men, after all, the box said two people should lift it.

No comments: