Tuesday, September 05, 2006

He's a family friend so it wasn't too much of a surprise to see my supervisor standing in my yard looking up at me.

"I guess you do work."

"Yeah, every once in awhile, I'll do something."

I then told him my project which involved rot and carpenter ants and a series of problems to fix the one problem I wanted fixed and then I told him that one of the bartenders quit.

Part of me wonders if I had gotten there earlier if I could have defused the situation, somewhat, but I know she's better off without that place.

The place has changed. Lately, it's hard to laugh within those walls and I think laughing just got harder.

People have been after my stool anyway they don't realize that it's not the seat, it's the sitter.

The regulars have been bugging me lately and I've got too many unknown people calling me by name. I think it's time to change my routine.

I'm writing this at the second job. I'm waiting for an email so I can pay a bill and be gone. I fixed the toilet mainly to perpetuate the legend. No one asked, I just did it. I'll even eat the twelve dollars it cost for parts.

There have been a lot of young guys around, moving stuff and fixing things. I started as a young guy moving stuff and fixing things.

I overheard one of them say "How does she expect me to do that?" I privately smiled because that question gets two answers: "You should have thought ahead," or "Tim used to do it." Sometimes, they get both answers.

I'm sure the new blood hates my past. I can't blame them, there are times I hate it too.

No comments: