Saturday, September 02, 2006

I give today a four for me but a three over all.

I’ve been in a mood. Today was better so to help it along I went shopping. There are three places I go when I’m shopping therapeutically: the book store, Home Depot or Lowes, or clothes shopping. I went to Barnes and Noble and picked up: “Brutal Journey – The Epic Story of the First Crossing of North America,” “Heavy Word Lightly Thrown – The Reason Behind the Rhyme” and “The Joy of Origami.”

I used the last to teach myself how to make an origami frog that jumps when you press down on his back and then headed to where I knew someone who likes frogs would be.

She was covering someone else’s shift so I figured a familiar face might be welcomed. She wasn’t having a good day and actually got into a shouting match with the owner over the phone.

“I’ve either just quit or I’m fired,” she told me. I’ve heard similar before but this time I believed it.

Photo Hosted at Buzznet
“So I’ve learned to make little origami frogs for nothing then?” I asked as I showed her my handy work.

“Is this my going away present?”

I just shrugged my shoulders. It was the best I could offer on hand.

No comments: