Sunday, September 10, 2006

I would worry more about my drinking if Patron Silver wasn't so smooth and tasty

Photo Hosted at Buzznet

I really didn't want to stop working because I knew if I stopped there was a very good chance I wouldn't start again but I needed a sheet of three quarter inch plywood and that sort of thing just doesn't pop up out of the blue. So, I made the decision to use three quarter inch wafer board instead which I was pretty certain I had in the house somewhere and looking for the wafer board I found a full sheet of 3/4 inch ply wood, and a full sheet of 5/8 inch and a full sheet of 1/2 inch.

I actually found a couple more things that I would have made a trip to Home Depot for; I really should take a walk around the house more.

I ran out of wasp killer though and I knew that I was really out, there were no more cans of it around the house even though I usually have two on hand. There was this one large wasp that worried me. It never really made a move to bother me even though I was all up in its business but I really needed to fix the stairs because the building department doesn't like it much when your second means of egress has one end just floating in mid air and I didn't really want to risk getting stung in the face, so I bought two more cans and let its nest have all of one.

I actually felt remorse about it and reassuring myself that it was just an insect brought me no comfort. I've seen the large wasps before, they lived in a gap in the railing of the stairs for years. No one but me ever uses the stairs, so I didn't care. I only use those stairs when I'm on my way to fix the roof and even though I would pass right by their home, they wouldn't pay me any mind. But I got scared. I was scared that using a circular saw while standing on a ladder while cutting a notch in one of the supports for the stairs so I could make a lap joint would agitate them to the point of attach so I took a preemptive strike which I still regret. (It was just a bug)

Anyway, so my goal for my vacation, other than getting away from a lot of negative attitudes at work, was to fix a leak. The leak leaked into a bathroom and what will be a formal dining room of which I have removed a wall and two doors so I call it a hall, a dining hall, just because I like to be fancy, sometimes. So, now I can fix the Dining Hall and the Main Bathroom without fear of leaks which makes me somewhat glad.

You know what? This post sucks. And the post that I would write about how last Friday I went to the bar early to meet with friends and ended up staying for nine hours pounding Margarita's would most likely suck too.

Except maybe for this part:

I talk to folks that walk up to the bar if I think they need help and it so happened these two young woman looked like they needed help. And when one of them can back later to order a round of Jagermiester's I spoke to her again and she playfully poked me in my ribs, and after she walked away, the bartender, came over to me.

"She's attractive, huh?" she asked as she chin pointed to the very attractive blonde that was walking away.

"Yeah? I hadn't noticed," I replied with a shoulder shrug and as deadpan as I could.

"Ha!"

"Because there's too much sunshine shining this way."

"Timmy, that's why we love you."

And they showed their love by making all my drinks double and charging me for about a tenth of what I actually drank. I just doubled the bill they gave me which didn't come close to what I drank, which included but was not limited to six double Patron Margarita's, because sometimes you have to let folks be nice to you.

No comments: