Thursday, September 21, 2006

maybe thirty three I could work with

So, mostly I don't give a crap as long as I have an excuse or reason that will hold up to questions.

So, if I'm running the show and we're on time and folks finish ahead of schedule for a particular day, folks get to leave early.

And, you know what? When the next day comes and we're not ahead of schedule but more right on schedule and you say you have to leave early – that's okay too because I can explain and justify being on schedule but on the third day when someone wants to leave three hours early which will fuck us over on the schedule – I have a problem with that.

I guess leaving an hour and a half early after a relatively easy day wasn't good enough. And I really don't give a crap but at least give me a chance to explain it away to the bosses because if it comes down to who is going to catch the shit, it ain't going to be me, when it was you that screwed the hooch.

You need something.

"Yeah, we did eighty installations."

"Yeah, we completed eleven rows."

"Yeah, we finished six areas."

You need some hard impressive number, whether it's impressive in reality or not. It has to sound good.

"Yeah, we finished that neighborhood."

"Yeah, seventy slips were completed."

"Yeah, all the blue requests are finished."


You need something, something completed. Twenty four doesn't cut it.

No comments: