Saturday, September 16, 2006

Sometimes working for the government you end up doing things just to make folks quiet down, sometimes you're told to put the guideline book aside.

He works for city government and knows this.

"They were yelling at me during the meeting. She was busting my balls."

"Not for nothing but what she was asking was the same thing the city did on Elm Street. You have to look at from her point of view. I know it's easier to justify what happened out on Elm Street but it's still all bullshit. She sees what others are getting and she wants the same; you can't fault her for that."

If you disagree with him, even in a whisper of a voice, when he's retelling the story, he'll say you were yelling. He'll say people are out to get him when really they are just looking out for themselves.


...

Sometimes

...

I truly seem to just like to type.

...

I remember when a 10MB hardrive was the bomb. I remember when two 5 1/4" disk drives were awesome. I remembered as I looked down on my cheap little thumb drive that can hold 128MB of info; it cost me ten bucks. Punch cards were before my time.

...

She asked my age, I had her guess and she was off four years in the negative.

"You don't look forty."

"I don't feel forty," but then I didn't feel twenty or thirty either.

I think my goofball ways keep me young.

...


She sent me a message via myspace along with a friend invite. I've sent her two messages before: one to let her know I found her site and another to wish her luck after she quit.

Trying to think up a reply, I couldn't remember a time within the last three to four years when I hadn't had the chance to see her for a length of time greater than two weeks.

I told her that I took for granted the attention she gave me. I am usually well attended to, regardless of the bartender but I've been avoiding a rapport with the new bartenders, so the new ones don't give me the quality attention that the seasoned ones do. And, I miss that attention.

I could turn on the charm and win the others over but then I would feel a commitment to maintain the relationship, currently I prefer the distance.

No comments: