Sunday, September 10, 2006

The truth is sometimes not pretty - not pretty though is often better than lame

I guess that's what I get for going on vacation.

I've been tagged by Ray who was tagged by TRUE who was tagged by Raymi.

I don't recall being tagged before so I think it's the first. I do recall seeing the eight truths thing before and remember thinking I'm glad no one has asked me. (not that I'm unglad now)

The Truth

Truth number one:
When my reputation precedes me, I'll try to disappoint people.


Truth number two:
I fall in love easily but I never call it love.


Truth number three:
I think I'm past my prime, although I could still out do anything that I have done.


Truth number four:
I'm a slow reader by choice. When I read too fast, other thoughts cloud my mind.


Truth number five:
I've never kissed a boy.


Truth number six:
I like seafood and hot sauce


Truth number seven:
Only half of truth number six is true.


Truth number eight:
I frequently use humor to avoid the truth.



Bonus truths because all my truths are lame


Bonus truth number one:
I have a myspace account which I mostly use just to talk to the bartenders I know.


Bonus truth number two:
I think you should feel cheated by these truths.


Bonus truth number three:
One of the most poignant things I have ever heard was at my uncle's funeral. My mom was talking to my cousin, her youngest nephew on my father's side and she said "Your father was a very good man. He was always there to help" and my cousin replied "Yeah, when he was around." And I do believe my uncle was physically around so I took it to mean he wasn't around emotionally and I quietly thought "I know what you mean."

My family is a long line of Christians, my father was a preacher, my uncle was a church elder.

It bothered me much when once my mom said "You're a nice guy sometimes," and then my sister added "Yeah, if you're not family."


Bonus truth number three:
I'm actually typing out these titles, there is no cutting and pasting going on.


Bonus truth number four:
I just went back and block quoted all the truths. I learned about block quotes from anti


Bonus truth number five:
I've never had any clue as to what I would like to do as a living. I've just done what came my way. I miss working construction but I could never do it for a living.


Bonus truth number six:
At first the main reason I agreed to do any work for the owner of my second job was because she was a hot piece of ass. She's still a hot piece of ass.


Bonus truth number six a:
I'm not really comfortable using the term 'hot piece of ass,' when it's someone I know personally.


Bonus truth number seven:
I picked green as my favorite color because too many people say blue. Blue is overdone.


Bonus truth number eight:
I worry about people falling in love with me and it being unreciprocated. I keep my walls up because I think I'm just a fad. The real me is not what you first see; there are only glimpses of the real me.



If anyone wants to know something different about me just ask (because I really don't find me too interesting), and if I don't post it here, then I'll probably send you an email.

No comments: