Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm back

So, I'm back.

I left the airport at 5:30PM and was flying over Boston at 5:23PM and due to air traffic didn't land until 6:00PM. If we had landed without delays: I would have time traveled to the future.

So thanks a lot Logan International Airport, you ruined my whole life.

Passing through customs...

"Why were you in Iceland?"

"Vacation."

"How long were you there?"

'Oh, shit,' I said to myself. I left Boston on Saturday but got to Iceland on Sunday how precise do I have to be? I further thought, 'Does he want to know the actual days I was away? Just say something because the delay is too suspicious.'

"Three days and two nights," finally came out of my mouth tinged with a little doubt.

"And did you buy anything?"

"Just souvenirs," I said as he flipped my form of declared items over which read 'gifts,' so I explained that I wrote 'gifts' because I didn't know who to spell 'souvenirs.'

"Yeah, you and me both. Go ahead."

No comments: