Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ms. Dash is a nocuous disease laden whore who is not to be trusted.

So, boneless pork chop were on sale and Ms. Dash marinade was on sale too which forced me to buy both. I tossed the chops into a ziplock bag and then cracked opened the bottle of marinade and as any good cook would do I took a sniff.

The fumes that went up my nose were none to pleasant so as the borderline genius I am I took a taste. The taste, coincidentally, matched the odor escaping the bottle. And because I'm nearly a genius, I figured that maybe my taste was off a bit because I was still congested a bit from a cold and also I figured that there was no way that what I was tasting could be the taste of a marinate offered for sale from a product line as famous as Ms. Dash. I emptied the bottle into the bag figuring even if that was the true taste of the product that the magic of the oven would cause some chemical reaction to occur and made the marinade taste delicious.

I think last night my oven was all out of magic because the flavor remained the same, fortunately the juiciness of the pork washed off most of the marinade.

(I actually grilled both sides of the chops on a grill pan before they visited the oven until the internal temperature reached 180)

So, I guess I'm saying fuck you Ms. Dash. Who the hell does your product testing?

Why the heck would I dump that vile stuff all over my wonderful slab of meat? I should know better. Now I question my judgment about everything. I feel violated. I trusted Ms. Dash over my own common sense and reasoning and she caused me pain. I will never trust her again.

No comments: