Monday, February 25, 2008

Why the heck would I blog from Iceland

and I guess Iceland doesn´t like the blogger interface.

The keyboards are different here because they have to fit in extra keys for all the crazy extra letters they have.

I think I was up for thirty six hours straight, I have the math worked out in my notebook.

Why would I blog from Iceland. (I´ll be damned if I can find a question mark. It´s a whole new world) Anyway, the answer is to give Lady G some privacy in the room.

I didn´t sleep too well. I imagine it´s due to the five hour difference but I thought the lack of sleep would over-ride that.

Anyway, after about a four and a half hour flight, we landed at about 6:04 in the morning and got to the hotel at about 8:20 and by the time we ate breakfast we would be late for all the good tours so we decided to go horse back riding through lava fields. The pictures are great, wait to you see the get-ups we had to wear (it was snowing when we started).

The exchange rate is one U.S. dollar equals 67 of theirs.

{I just checked to make certain this would post because the page doesn´t load properly}

I just used the Alt G key to put in those curly brackets. And I just found the ´?´ it´s tiny because there are three symbols on the key. There is also a delay with the apostrophe I guess they team it up with a lot ot other keys so the computer sees that you typed it but won´t display it until you hit another key.

After horse back riding, we paid a boat load of money whether you count it in Iceland dollars or American dollars, to see the Northern Lights. They looked a lot like a certian type of cloud cover. They weren´t any cool colors. They were dirty white and mostly just sat there.

Don´t pay to see the Northern Lights!

But it´s a good trip.

The language sounds like a cross between Germain, Lebonese, Russian and some just-made-up parts. They speak English with what sounds like a Swedish accent.

The bacon´s great. It´s leaner then American bacon.

I had more but I forget.

No comments: