Thursday, January 15, 2009

I do have gorgeous eyes, even though I rarely get to see them

It’s why people come to the decisions they do that make me wonder. I want to know how your brain got to the point where it decided that, “Yes, this is a good idea.”

“Like cooking breakfast everyday in the office,” I continued with my wondering. “How does a person come to that conclusion, that it will be a good thing to cook breakfast every day, in the office. I can understand, ‘Hey, there’s a stove – I would like me some eggs,’ but then you need to get a fry pan and some eggs too. It’s not just one compulsive thought that you act on right away. You have to plan that stuff or at least work at it.”

There are sometimes I just need to know what people were thinking before they acted. I’ve come up with some crazy thoughts myself but the moment I was about to actually do them, I’d stop because it’s crazy.

But then I know a few people who never think about that next step, who like to leap without looking.

There is a difference between taking a chance and acting like a fool.



So I said something that a smartass might have said, not really to her but sort of about her and she called me on it and I was a complete stranger to her.

“Why won’t you look me in the eyes?” She asked.

“Because I don’t look anyone in the eyes.”

“Is that true?”

“No, it’s not.” I said as I turned to look at her.

“See, you have pretty eyes”

“Now he’s blushing,” the receptionist said.

“It’s just that I’ve really had no doing in the color of my eyes.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah, I’ve done my best to keep sharp objects away from them but other than that, I’ve pretty much done nothing.”

No comments: