Wednesday, January 28, 2009

naming names

She works in the office of one of the city councilors. City councilors tend to be a needy bunch and they usually will not accept “No” as an answer very easily. But then their jobs are on the line, if it doesn’t look like they are getting things done, so I understand their persistence.

We were on a three way phone call, the councilor, her and myself; I was saying “No” and he was saying “It needs to be done,” and she was trying to come to a compromise. I stated what needed to be done before I would approve it and she made it happen.

I decided that I liked her; she heard what I had to say and she accepted my position and then she did the leg work to make it happen. She later walked up to my office.

She was young and cute, had a smoking hot body and a seemingly constant smile when the conversation wasn’t too serious for one. If I had seen her before the telephone call, I would have done the leg work for her. I would have said, “Tell me what you need and I’ll make it happen.”

She needed some other things at some other later date and of course things went smoother. Now, she always greets me with a smile and she’ll chat with me a bit. I always try to maintain eye contact mostly so I won’t get swallowed up in her beauty.

I have a co-worker who always tries to get her to come to the office, mostly so he can drool over her. I try to get her to come to the office because she’s a ray of sunshine in the damp dark pit of an office I work in. I think my co-worker is a crude, short sighted fool.

I was reminded of her recently as I was thinking about someone else.

No comments: