Thursday, January 22, 2009

untitled

So I have a facebook page, I mostly created it because a friend said that I should. I’ve been getting messages from people from high school and they ask what I’ve done between then and now. I think, “Who care?” because I certainly don’t. It’s old news. I try to think of the high points and the important things but then I think “Whatever, let’s just move on.”




The trouble is: it’s so easy to quit.

It’s so easy to quit and nobody seems to care either way.

Sink or swim.

It’s just that I don’t feel comfortable quitting when the only reason to do so is because I’m lazy. That just doesn’t seem right to me.


I often plead with myself just to get off my ass and do something.

“Just please do it now. There is no reason why you can’t and you’ll just have to do it later. You know you’ll feel better once it’s out of the way. Please.”

Please.


I could be greater.


What I have is nothing special to me; I think everyone has what I have; I think everyone can do what I can do.

I sometimes try to remind myself that this may not be true, usually when I’m expecting something of someone.

Sometimes, I’ll modify my believe to something like we all have a bucket of the same size and all the buckets are full to the same level, it’s just that some people have different things in their buckets.

I sometimes try to remind myself that this may not be true, usually when I don’t want to help someone in need because I have needs of my own.


So, my neighbor has taken up snow-blowing other people’s sidewalks; he’s trying to out-green catfish the green catfish, or at least keep pace. I’m glad he does because then I don’t have to worry about getting out quick to do my sidewalk and any other sidewalks he does after that are sidewalks I don’t have to worry about.

No comments: