Monday, January 26, 2009

These are the problems I have:

So, let’s see.

I got up – I’m pretty sure of that and I think the next thing I did was take the bread dough out of the refrigerator. I then went to a union meeting. I got there on time, said hello to a couple of folks. I wondered why these same folks were at my union’s meeting. I then guessed that maybe some of the locals were having a joint meeting and then realized that the union meeting wasn’t for my local union but for a different local.

But I feel justified in my mistake because the notice I read didn’t mention any locals only the major bigger union which I am indeed a part of, and the meeting was at the same place as my local union meets.

It sucked a bit planning and then showing up for a meeting that wasn’t you own, at least I knew a couple of folks. I’m sure they will give me some grief because I’m sure I would do it to them if the roles were reversed.

The next day I made some Indian flat bread, flat bread from India, which I liked but I didn’t know if it was correct or not because I’ve never had Indian flat bread. I asked someone who has and they couldn’t tell me how it was different but just that it was different.

I have to assume that mine is better.

I have some psychological problems so I actually made two versions of the Indian flat bread, the first was with buttermilk and the second was with yogurt. I’ll bake the yogurt version today. I actually meant to make just the yogurt version but when I was reading the recipe it said add the buttermilk so I obediently added the buttermilk and I immediately regretted it. In the list of ingredients it says you can use either buttermilk or yogurt and I wanted to use yogurt and somehow screwed that up. (It was because I didn’t have “everything in place” which is a good tenet of baking which I frequently ignore)

I also have two large batches of pizza dough in the frig.

I got a desire for meatloaf, so while I was at the supermarket I picked up some ingredients to augment the ones I had at home for making meatloaf. I grabbed one of my favorite cookbooks and couldn’t find meatloaf in the index so I made meatballs instead, only I made then extra large and I also didn’t measure any ingredient. I just eyeballed everything.

Unfortunately, they turned out good. The unfortunate part is that I’ll probably never be able to duplicate what I did because of my lackadaisical attitude. I thought the only worry was bad meatballs, I wasn’t thinking about if they were going to turn out good or not. I’m going to have to try to follow the recipe next time and see what happens. It should be similar.


http://www.tiltshiftphotography.net/

No comments: