Thursday, October 21, 2004



“Hello” I said into the appropriate talking space of my cell phone

“Hi. Why don’t you call me?”

It was a good question I had wanted to call her but the timing always seemed to be off. She works nights, I work days, I always worry I’ll call and wake her or something.

“I always think I’ll bother you” was my offered answer.

“How are you going to bother me?” was her offered retort.

The truth was closer to that I need her more than she needs me. The truth still remains that I’m some dork of a white guy and she’s some hot, out going black chick. I don’t call because I need to call and I worry that that need will come right across the phone. I need to hear her voice sometimes, I tend to be short fused if I don’t. I don’t want to get dependant on her voice, on her heart, on her soul. I don’t think any detox center in the world would get me off of that stuff, so at times I stay at a safe distance.

No comments: