Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Some of this is personal

5:10AM this morning I heard the leak. I heard it the day before as well. The top most half bath's shower unit decided it wanted attention.

The prior day the plan was to replace it while the Red Sox played, that was the only time I could do it. Driving to my fourth home improvement center I got an idea that might fix the problem on the cheap. At this time the Sox where winning so I went with my simple plan.

A little past five today, I heard my plan didn’t work. While I was hearing the bucket fill with shower water, I was estimating the time it would take to replace the shower stall. I would not have time after the day job because I would need to go to the second job. I could not let it go another day so I called in a personal day, turns out it was my first this year.

While I was working on the shower, the light flickered a bit, I figured one of the two bulbs was about to go but it flickered too much. I removed the globe and saw that there was only one bulb and the problem is a partially bare wire. I sighed a sigh but I’m glad I caught it.

I removed the old shower stall and stood where it used to be, well I tried to stand where it used to be. The previous installer used particle board for the flooring which is the worst type of wood product one can use for a bathroom floor. My foot went through the floor and stopped on the ceiling below.

Everything is back in working order. I’m fighting the start of a cold again and wearing a t-shirt of my own design and making because I’m short on clean clothes.



Dragons down the spine. There is supposed to be a dragon on the left breast too but I haven't done that yet, not on this t-shirt. The Dragons are my sister's school sports team(s). I was bored . Red isn't my color. My sister is a high school teacher.

No comments: