Monday, October 25, 2004

Hey, why don't you post like other folks? You know, like something that would be worth reading? Some little bit of wisdom, some heartfelt occurrence, some interesting story.

What ends up on this blog is what, more or less falls out of my head. I don't want to work at a post, I don't want to think about spelling, grammar, rhymes, verb tense, entertainment value. I don't want to think about any of that stuff. I use this space as a sort of runoff / catch all, sometimes with pictures. The runoff is from thoughts I have, I can sometimes think about things better once I can see them in print. I get to scrutinize my responses better if I assign words to them.

What about all the arguments you have with yourself, like this one?

Basically, it's the same deal. That's what's in my head and that's what falls out into this space.

But why post it for the whole world to see?

First, there aren't that many people who read this stuff and secondly I can always disavow anything I post. I can say I was just messing about.

Do you think folks are interested in any of this stuff?

On the whole I would say no, but I'm not posting for others. I'm posting for me and I'm easily entertained.

You're such a lameass.

Tell me something I don't know.

No comments: