Thursday, October 14, 2004

"I just think $1500 for a handbag is too much" I said.

"I agree that's why I buy that stuff at a markdown"

I've been a couple places, seen a couple things but if it's a roundtrip ticket why not just stay where you are? That's my philosophy, which most of my friends don't understand.

I have friends who have expensive cars and every once in a while, I'll be doing them a favor and they will ask "Do you want to drive my car?" I usually say "No" unless it will save me a good parking space.

The best ride I have every been in was the first truck I had ever owned (as opposed to leasing). It was a 1987 Toyota pick-up truck. I bought it used from some guy that had rolled it over. I fixed it enough so that it was road worthy. What I liked about that truck was that it looked like a piece of crap but I could beat anybody off the line. That sucker was quick. It topped out at 92MPH but it got there very quickly and moving through five forward gears in a small amount of time is fun. The previous owner had put in a twin progressive Holley carburetor and despite that fact that it only had four cylinders that truck knew how to use them. I may have smoked a clutch or two but what the heck.

I'm a simple guy with simple dreams. I've experienced some of the fancy stuff and the fancy stuff can stay were it is, I'm not impressed with it.

No comments: