Monday, October 11, 2004

My last battle won't be that one and it won't be this one

Today I found myself doing things I hadn't done regularly for years.

And no, one of them was not mowing the lawn. I do that at least once a month.

Checking smokes (smoke detectors) and sorting checks were the things.

I write out close to one hundred checks a month using Quickbooks but I no longer have to sort the checks when they come in, someone else does that but today I was looking for a check that someone wrote out by hand, which I don't like them to do but sometimes things I don't like happen. Anyway, the bank statement was sitting in the incoming mail bin so I took it and sorted the, close to one hundred, checks.

There are times I miss the old days but not too much because I still remember why I had to leave the old days behind. I still trace over the scar with my index finger just thinking about it. There are times I would still chance it anyway even though I know it's a losing battle. The only thing that stops me is that I don't want that to be my last battle.

No comments: