Tuesday, October 05, 2004

the memo

the memo pretty much was letting some fuck-up, who is always calling in sick, off the hook for some fuck-up, he fucked up and now if was fucking up my sechedule.

The memo pissed me off and I let everyone know about with loudly delivered expletives. Loud enough for the memo's author to hear, the author, all my supervisors and all of the front office. Towards the end of my diatribe, I announce that I don't feel well and might have to call in sick tomorrow for the first time in eight years.

After I sat down, a supervisor came over and asked me a question that truly isn't my job title. I explained to him that I didn't know and that I'm choosing to be a moron because morons have no responsibilities and can fuck-up whenever they want without any recourse. The supervisor just stood there, I'm not certain why because he could get the info elsewhere but he chose to stay.

He stayed longer than I could, in good conscience, wait him out so I said what I thought and then pulled out a map to correct the information I gave originally.

The next day I'm asked to do something and I said if you asked me that yesterday morning I would have helped but today I'm a different person, no more candy, no more bringing stuff in for the bake sale, no more nothing. Then I am asked to talk to someone about getting the department free paper, and like the sucker I am, I not only negotiate the transfer of the paper but I went and picked it up too.

Being a selfish bastard is harder than I thought, but I am going to give it a harder try.

No comments: