Sunday, October 17, 2004

over three hundred words of nothing

I’m looking for a high back chair, maybe a matching pair.

I get three weeks vacation, I’ve only used one week, so far. I can carry over the remaining two weeks until June 30th of next year. Next year I pick-up another weeks worth of vacation, I think anyway, that will give me six weeks worth of vacation next year.

I also get four personal days, and fourteen paid holidays, I think it’s fourteen, maybe it’s more.

I think I’ve only used one personal day this year. I probably used the personal day for ass scratching. I cannot carry over personal days. I think more ass scratching might be in store before the year is out.

I can also trade three sick days for one vacation day, if I want. I can trade for up to three vacation days. I’ve never called in sick – nine years running.

When I don’t call in sick I can trade a weeks worth of sick time for a weeks for of pay.

Next year I only have to work 223 days.

Tuesday is the day I do all the print advertising. I haven’t missed a Tuesday for over six years. Even when I went out of country, I was always back by Tuesday night to get the ads done.

I think someone else has to learn to do the ads and the check writing …and the web page updating.

I think I need to get away, not so much to get away but just so I know certain worlds don’t end just because I’m away.

The trouble is sometimes bad things happen when I’m away, things I might have been able to prevent.

It would be nice to only work just one job but then I would probably feel guilty that I wasn’t saving the world in all my free time. The second job is a convenient excuse.

No comments: