Sunday, April 03, 2005

can't nobody copy the T

I was in Home Depot today buying shelving and at the checkout counter one item would not scan in, so the cashier calls for assistance and let's me know "It ain't me" it's the machine.

after a brief wait she rings in another customer and tells me again that the problem is not with her.

after another brief wait she gets a call with the sku number and tells me that I can pay now, I hand over my debit card and she asks "You Timothy?" which I sort of ignored.

So, she says "You better be after all this and your signature better match the one on the back of this card"

She hands me the reciept that I need to sign and she watches, intently, me - I try to do my best to match my own signature. The pen is a fine tip with purple ink, I start with the downward stroke of my version of a capital T and the paper tears. So, I move the pen over and start again. I finish the T and only the T and she says "Yup, that's you. Can't nobody copy the T, it's unique. Sorry for the wait."

"Don't worry I know it wasn't you"

No comments: