Sunday, April 10, 2005

it's just a muffin

so, I’m in the second office showing some little video production I had just created, work related, which turns into some quality time with one of the co-workers.

I don’t give quality time too much but it was her birthday and all and I still think she thinks that she is still viewed as an outsider so, I cut her more breaks than most.

She talking about brochures and ads and stuff because a big client is going to want some big output. She asking if I would have the time, so I’m telling her this and telling her that, and she asks:

“Are you hungry? Because I have a carrot muffin that I couldn’t eat and I don’t want it to go to waste.”

So, I think for a moment. I’m not really hungry but I do like carrot muffins but I’m trying not to eat when I’m not hungry. I’m trying to be good. I also have a problem with accepting gifts but I also realize that sometimes you have to let people be nice to you, particularly this person, for me anyway, I can’t speak for about you.

I guess the delay was too much for her so she tries to close the deal and she says “Let me show you where it’s at” so, I follow her to the kitchen and she pulls a box from the refrigerator and says “Here it is” she opens the box so I can actually see that muffin, I guess to prove she isn’t joking. It looks like a good muffin, then she says “Feel how heavy it is” and she reaches in the box and then hands me the weighty muffin. It was wrapped mostly in a sheet of wax paper so no human hands actually were touching the muffin but still it all seemed a bit odd.

So, I tell her “I’m not really hungry right now but maybe I’ll eat it later” and I put the muffin back in the box.

To which she replied “Okay, but if I see this muffin here tomorrow, I’ll be really upset. It’s a good muffin and I don’t want it to go to waste”

So, I assure her “If I don’t eat it while I’m here I will take it home with me”


All in all it was too much drama for a muffin

even a very heavy, very tasty carrot muffin

Yeah, I ate it a couple hours later with a mug of Chinese tea

No comments: