Sunday, April 03, 2005

write this down

bicyclemark talks about the various forms of blogging

I was thinking of this Saturday, when I was on my way to MicroCenter and I was thinking about what I could capture on video.

I’ve done some audio

I’ve done some pictorials (sort of)

I’ve done some video

but at the end of the day I prefer the written word.

What’s good about the pictures and the videos and the audio is that you get a taste of the personality of that person, that you might have otherwise missed.

But I still think you get more soul with the written word.

Kinda like seeing the movie version of the book you read, it’s not the same. Isn’t the book always better?

I’m sure someday I’ll be shaking my fist in the air at one of my great nieces or nephews saying “In my day we had to blog with words, damnit. And it was better!” and then I’ll be asked to stop swearing in front of the kids and my opinion will be ignored.

No comments: