Sunday, April 03, 2005

the guest of honor was missing

Danielle came in at about quarter to six and started helping Lauren behind the bar even though she was only due to start at seven.

Danielle catches me watching her and flashed me a smile and asked “How are you doing?”

“I’m fine but how are you?” I replied. I’ll usually watch the barkeeps come in because right as they get there is the best time to judge their mood. Danielle looked her friendly self.

“Why do I seem like a moody bitch?” which is a tough question to answer but I’m daring at times and I’m also confident that my natural charm can get me out of jams so I answered.

“You do seem a little moody, but I’ve never seen you being a bitch”

“Yeah, I’m having a bad day but things will get better”

I let it go but later in between the conversations I was having I looked over at her and she looks at me and smiled, I smiled back and said “You almost had me believing that one”

“Yeah, but not quite?”

“It was close, though” I assured her.

Still later, when she filling the dishwasher, I glanced over at her and she met my gaze, I smiled at her and she smiled back but there was no heart behind and I said “You’re eyebrows are even higher, now” When Danielle gets irritated her eyebrows go up in the middle and down at the nose, usually it’s just her left one but sometimes she switches them up.

“Timmy you know me so well” she said as I got a real smile from her.



There were seven of us there which was a good turn out considering the guest of honor wasn’t even there

It’s cool when the barkeeps take care of me but it’s even cooler when they take care of my friends.

No comments: