Thursday, June 22, 2006

The 200GB external hard drives were on sale so I bought one. In my second office, I hooked everything up as the instruction told me and then double clicked on the 'my computer' icon, other icons appeared and showed me my local drives and my networked drives but not a new external drive.

I may have cursed a little. I rebooted my machine and still no external hard drive was showed up. I searched the documents. The documents state that it will show up just like any other drive but for some reason mine wasn't.

It should have been G:. I have two hard drives (C: and F:) and two DVD drives (D: and E:). And that's exactly what I told myself when it hit me that someone set up the network so that there is a shared G:.

I renamed the network G: to P: and renamed myself dumbass.

No comments: