Sunday, June 18, 2006

I was going to complain that someone at the second office shut off the AC to the second floor on the hottest day of the year after I had made a special trip in early to turn it on but it was a sucky story.



After the yard sale I decided I needed to cook that chicken that had been in the frig for a couple days. I cut the boneless breasts into strips, breaded them and deep fried them. After they were cooked, I tossed them in a bowl with hot sauce of the buffalo wing variety.

I sat at my kitchen table, the plate in front of me had some blue cheese dressing in a small ramekin dish, julienne carrots and the boneless buffalo pieces. I was hit by a bit of guilt. I had just invested a bit of time to cook a seemingly excess of meat just to feed my face. I was bothered by the thought of those who do without while I seemed to be demonstrating an excess of time, food and cooking equipment.

When the guilt passed, I was irritated it put a damper on things.

No comments: