Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I like them all, all the ones that have been there awhile so I try not to play favorites and I try to keep the peace; like keeping my mouth shut the next day when someone has been just shooting off some steam about some other bartender.

Anyway, I was sitting there when Danielle gave me a nod that asked "Do you want another?"

"No, I gotta go. Right now I'm screwing them but if I stay any longer I'm screwing me."

So, I seem to be some sort of attraction at the bar. I'm 'Tim from Boston' to the tourists and just plan Tim to the regular patrons. I have strangers calling me by name. When they go to the toilet I asked the bartenders if they know any first names.

"Who? That guy? I thought you knew him."

I don't really know him; I just nod when I think it's appropriate when he's talking to me.

They just use me to get better service. There is a slight spill over effect to the left and to the right.

The other day I bought everyone sitting at the bar a round. There were two tourists to my right and when I was ordering one of them said "Don't forget your friends to your right"

"I got them coming for you too don't worry. I checked to make certain everyone was drinking drafts 'cause I ain't crazy."

It cost me just twelve bucks but Lauren had something to say.

"I was going to pick up your bill until you did that."

Such is life.

The next day I was sitting there with one of my buddies and mentioned that he missed out because he left early.

"Why'd you buy everybody a round?"

"It's was twelve bucks! Why not? And I knew most of he people and most everyone had gotten me a beer in the past so I figured to bring it even in one shot."


It's quite a legacy

No comments: