Tuesday, June 27, 2006

They are nice rubber bands

Changes are in order

Changes have been ordered

...

What a difference a day makes.

A certain Senator from my home state was speaking at the same place he spoke while running for President. Back then there were news trucks everywhere and the place was in virtual lockdown but yesterday I saw just one news truck and just the usual tourist crowd.

But it was early

...

I purchased a thumb drive and after the ten dollar easy rebate the price was $9.94. As the sales assistant was walking my item up to the front of the store he asked if I wanted to buy the extended warrantee for $4.95.

"For half the price of the device? I don't think so."

He told me that he is required to ask. I thought about telling him that I'm required to be an ass.


...

So dude was getting a message that his mailbox was over the limit.

So dude called me and in the course of our conversation he said he stores his old emails in the 'deleted items' folder. I was like 'Holy cow dude. Why would you save anything in something that says delete right on it?' The question that got to his head though was "Why would you save old emails?"

"No! I'm not questioning why you would save old emails. I'm questioning why you would do it in the deleted items folder."

"Because if someone says they never received an email, I'll have a record of it."

I held up the small bin for holding paper that is to be recycled. "Why wouldn't you save papers in here?"

"Because I would loss them"

"And that's exactly why you don't want to save things in the deleted items folder. I'm not saying don't save them. I'm saying don't save them there. Eventually, the computer will empty out that folder."


...

I'll buy my own office supplies at times mainly because I'm rather particular in certain things and I don't think the company should have to pay for my neurosis but other times it's just easier to walk across the street and spend eighty seven cents on my very own package of rubber bands. I have a bent paper clip that hangs over my pencil holder that holds my rubber bands at the ready.

I've had the same bag of rubber bands for some time now, over two years. They came in a nice re-closable bag, which keeps them nice and fresh. The bag proudly states 'premium' rubber bands. I was just wondering who sells the cut rate rubber bands and how much they cost because mine were pretty cheap.

I don't know if the rubber is premium or the whole rubber band is premium.

They are nice rubber bands.

No comments: