Thursday, June 08, 2006

She was troubled that much I could tell.

"Oh, I've heard all about it: how I'm screwing over everyone. All the while she has people waiting for beers."

"Who told you?" I was naturally inquisitive, because I was there for some of it and I thought the person in question was just mostly blowing off steam.

"A couple people" who she then named.

"When I heard her, she really wasn't complaining about you so much as the situation and she only mentioned something to me when I brought up that I didn't like the new schedule because now I have to remember a new one."

"It should be great when she comes in tonight. I'm tired of being nice to everyone."

She then asked about her next course of action. I said it would not be as enjoyable right at the moment but taking the high road is usually the best. I then had to leave but later I returned. She was still working things over in her mind. The other bartender came in for her shift, so I wasn't going to openly talk about her still pressing issue but I did talk about my own issue.

"I just had to deal with some bullshit and I had promised over the phone that I was going to go ape shit but, ya know when I got there, I realized it just wasn't worth it."

"Yeah, I hear ya."

I then assisted someone from Green Bay work on their Boston accent.

a hoss and buggy (I actually say horse but my mom always says hoss)
a baseball eh-rah
the summah season
pahk the cah

No comments: