Thursday, April 12, 2007

I headed for the other

All I wanted to do was to use the men's room but I'll always buy something just so I'll technically be a customer but the 'out-of-order" sign caused a change in my plan. I must care somewhat of what the staff at McDonald's thinks of me because I didn't want to just walkout after reading the sign. I was about to look up at the never changing menu for some time to think about what to do next when I heard someone call my name.

I did turn right away because I was buying trying to figure out who would know me in this part of town. I hadn't a clue other than it was a woman.

When I did turn, I found out it was a bartender friend. She asked what I was doing there.

"I'm on official business," I said as I briefly set my badge on the table.

"At McDonald's?" She asked as I sat down opposite of her. She was wearing a light gray hooded sweatshirt. She knew what I had meant but I explained myself anyway.

"No, in the area. I'm checking parking lots and passing out fines."

We talked for a few minutes about our work, the bar, our city and why she was eating in McDonald's as she finished off her grilled chicken wrap and I tried me best to forget how beautify she is. Hot bartenders always look hotter when they are not bartending, unless they are your girlfriend.

I got up with her as she said she was heading home. She started for the door that I came in. I headed for the other.

No comments: